Tuesday, January 3, 2017

The Things People Talk About...

Last night's UBER ride produced yet another revelation on what people will talk about right in front of their driver. First, let's face it. I'm in the car. I'm not invisible so every topic is easily heard. I wouldn't get to share these stories if people actually cared that I could hear them. 

Yesterday three openly gay young men got in my car. I had no question about their sexual orientation based on their behavior, and frankly I don't care anyway. So, they're laughing and talking about various discussions. One mentions his parents are from Merced (and so is my mom). I chime in and share that my mom heralds from there, too. 

Somehow the conversation weaves around and I mention I am from Galt. One of the men then tells me how he almost got busted for urinating in public (indecent exposure) in Galt. First, okay ... that's your fond memory of my little town. I had to laugh. Why would you need to urinate in public here anyway? You know gas stations are right up the road. 

Then he mentions how he was offended because the cop said something along the lines about how his friend who was with him could "hold it for him". Okay, so the young man is offended over the cops remark LOL... yeah, guess what! I'm offended you couldn't find a public restroom! Do these guys not understand there are kids all OVER the place around here? In fact, on Halloween I have a literal line to my door. 

So, there you have it. What people tell me during an UBER ride! 

No comments:

Post a Comment